Need Assistance with PC Specs

Started Jun 13, 2013 | Discussions thread
Austinian
Austinian Veteran Member • Posts: 7,561
Re: Need Assistance with PC Specs

Alex5337 wrote:

I want to build a good mid range gaming PC, these are the specs. My budget is roughly £750 - £800. These are the specs:

EVGA Nvidia GeForce GTX 760 Superclocked ACX 2GB GDDR5 Graphics Card

Asus Maximus VI Hero C2 Motherboard

Intel Core i5 4670K Quad Core Retail CPU

Corsair Builder Series CXM 600W Modular 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX/EPS PSU

Seagate 3TB 3.5 inch 7200RPM 64MB Cache SATA3 Hard Drive

Sharkoon T28 ATX Midi Tower - Red

Corsair CMX8GX3M2B1600C9 XMS3 8GB (2x4GB)

Cool Master 1156 RL-S12V-24PK-R1 Seidon Water Cooling for CPU

Can anyone tell me their opinion on this list, any recommendations will be accepted.

Thank you very much in advance

I have no opinion on the choices you've made; it's been a couple of years since I built my current game PC, and I'm not familiar with the latest stuff.

I did want to mention that I prefer not to build 'generic' gaming PCs. You risk spending money in the wrong places for your specific needs and making expensive changes later.

IMO, the choices should start with deciding "What's the most demanding game I want to run, and at what display resolution and level of detail". Then look for reviews of that game on major hardware and gaming sites, and see what its requirements are.

That will give you a good idea of what you'll need in the way of CPU and graphics power, and how to balance the relative costs.

If you're on a tight budget, spending money on trying to future-proof a gaming PC may not be a good idea; better to save the $ until the future arrives and you know just what you need to change.

Austinian's gear list:Austinian's gear list
Sony a7 II Sony a7R III Rokinon 14mm F2.8 IF ED MC Sony FE 28mm F2 Samyang 135mm F2.0 +3 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow