£5000 budget for full frame kit ?

Started Apr 24, 2014 | Questions thread
(unknown member) Veteran Member • Posts: 9,509
Re: £5000 budget for full frame kit ?

chilliwinter wrote:

New to digital, Have a £5000 budget, researched and I have come up with this, taking into account tripod, grip, bags, filters, Sd cards etc etc. Have a suitable desktop and screen in place for post processing.

Nikon D610; Nikon 50mm f1.8G; Nikon 16-35 f4G; Tamron 24-70 f2.8 VC; Nikon 70-200 f4 VR; SB-910 (In all about £4500 in UK).

Small bio if it helps : Last kit was 35mm film (EOS, nice body, some nice lenses - all since sold). Enthusiast, in the past a bit of paid work (exhibition photography, odd shoot through friends). Been a long while, life got in the way ! This will be amateur, just for me, just for pleasure. I'd like to be covered for a wide range of subjects though birding and sports are not really my scene. More landscape, street, people, "arty-farty" ! I ended up buying wider and wider years ago, dont really know why. I like quality glass, oh I do, but I also like practicality and actually getting the image over "mines bigger/better than yours", hope this makes sense.

Where would you steer me ? Is my kit near the mark or way off ?

Hope this is in the right place to post and thanks for anybody taking the time to help me out.

While that kit is not for me, if you like it, it would be great for what you want.

Maybe add a 85 1.8 as well?

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow