Please recommend older a-mount body for daughter

Started Apr 23, 2014 | Discussions thread
DaPonti Contributing Member • Posts: 527
Re: Please recommend older a-mount body for daughter

Moredsir wrote:

Calico Jack wrote:

Keep it simple and let her become more confident whilst you tutor her on the basics before making any further investment. Just my 2 doubloons worth.

Kinda what I was thinking, she doesn't need bells and whistles, and in fact if I could buy the alpha digital equivalent of my old Zenit fully manual monster I'd probably get her get that. I want her to have control, not let the camera do it for her. She's already learned to shoot at a basic level, she now needs to keep it up, work on good composition, and not become an iphone/instagram photographer

BTW, I'm not pushing her to do it, she is interested.

The EVF I think is a major avantage for learning, as you see the impact of your choices. An SLT with focus peaking will actually give her more control and I concur with getting something recent.

Not only for the added features/improvements, but also because Sony has been aggressive enough price wise (each new release cheaper than the previous one, true for e-mount too) that 2nd hand newer models aren't much more expensive than older ones.

DaPonti's gear list:DaPonti's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-WX5 Sony SLT-A58 Olympus OM-D E-M10 II Sony DT 55-300mm F4.5-5.6 SAM Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R +2 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow