Panasonic 7-14 - Usage tips for UWA neophyte

Started Apr 19, 2014 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
Abrak Senior Member • Posts: 2,997
Re: Panasonic 7-14 - Usage tips for UWA neophyte

Anders W wrote:

What I think we can additionally count on, unfortunately, is that the Oly 7-14 will be bigger and heavier (which isn't surprising in view of its wider max aperture) and carry a higher price tag. One point to be added on the positive side is that I think we can expect the lens to have the "Manual Focus Clutch" mechanism, just like the 12/2 and the 12-40/2.8.

I agree size is an issue especially as the 7-14 f4 is hardly small. I dont know what people expect but going from f4 to f2.8 can easily double the weight/volume.

However there maybe good news on this front. From someone at a trade fair in Moscow.

'Also a few lens mock-ups were shown. I`m talking about 7-14/2,8, 40-150/2,8 & 300/4. All lenses are extremely compact. I`ve been amazed with size of 7-14 - it`s smaller and thinner than 12-40.'

Now personally I would accept the size of the 12-40 but wouldnt like to go bigger. If it is smaller that is very impressive.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
yyr
yyr
yyr
yyr
yyr
yyr
yyr
yyr
yyr
yyr
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
yyr
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow