Returned my SH-50

Started Apr 21, 2014 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Darlene Goff Veteran Member • Posts: 3,596
Returned my SH-50

It just was not the camera for me and made me really appreciate my little xz-10.  They have the same sensor, but the XZ-10 has a 12 MP, a much brighter lens, and more adjustments.  I think the SH-50 is great for certain things, macros, people pictures, maybe buildings in bright light, but for distance landscape with a lot of leafy trees, it was a camera I knew I wouldn't use.  Why do so many cameras come with a 16 MP on a tiny sensor?  There was too much noise and too much noise reduction and few adjustments.  Yet the camera is probably great for video, which I don't use, and panoramas and filters.   Many cameras are becoming what people think they want.  And this one fulfills that.  I am sure the xz-2 is a better camera than the xz-10, but actually not by much.

-- hide signature --
 Darlene Goff's gear list:Darlene Goff's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P5000 Nikon Coolpix 8800 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ35 Nikon Coolpix P7100 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 +7 more
Olympus SH-50 Olympus Stylus XZ-10
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow