Share an Image Because of its Color VI

Started Apr 21, 2014 | Photos thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Brev00
Brev00 Veteran Member • Posts: 8,756
Share an Image Because of its Color VI

Due to popular demand (okay, the request of one member) and the onset of spring in this part of the world, I am reviving this popular thread.  For those new to this thread, let me explain how it works.  The one rule is explained in the title:  share images that you love primarily because of their color.  So, there is little room for critique.  If the poster loves the color, who can argue?  Comments are certainly welcome, but, instead of critiquing one you don't like, just wait a short while for another member to post one you do like.  I started this thread because of what I felt was a strong focus in this forum on highly specific details concerning image quality and gear--sjharpness, mtf results, focusing issues, etc.  I wanted a place we could just enjoy sharing our images.

The only type of image that does not belong here is black and white.  Although the tendency is to post images with bold and electric colors (which are certainly welcome), the vibrancy and saturation can vary.  Pastel hues and faded colors are welcome, too.  The colors can be straight out of camera or highly manipulated and anywhere in between.

Also, just because an image has nice colors, that does not mean it belongs here.  There could be other elements the member likes more than the color.   For instance, I recently got some nice daffodil shots.  Pretty yellows but I really liked the blossom/bokeh relationship in the images.  So, I won't post them here.

Enough verbiage.  Here is one of my first spring flower shots.   I used a Film Efex: Modern filter in Nik's Color Efex to adjust the colors some:

I used my standard D90/Sigma 17-70 os combo.

The floor is yours.

(It usually says something about critique at the bottom of this photo sharing template but there is no specific request for critique--or requirement-- for my images or anyone else's)

Brev00's gear list:Brev00's gear list
Nikon D90 Nikon D7100 Nikon D610 Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D Tokina AT-X Pro 12-24mm f/4 DX II +4 more
Comment & critique:
Please provide me constructive critique and criticism.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow