Is this the best I can expect from D800?

Started Apr 18, 2014 | Discussions thread
(unknown member) Senior Member • Posts: 1,019
Re: No. It is not

I have just looked at 100%, carefully, and I'd say you were unconsciously panning, following the boat, just a little bit, maybe, as the background is blurred, just a bit. You dont notice this on a 5D MkIII or 16-18MP machine as the image is so much smaller, but on the D800 everything registers.

As it is spring try a clump of trees of various heights and types, being careful to focus. The other thing I do a lot is just use manual focus for anything like that where you are at a fixed point from the object of your desires and are not moving yourself about.

Typically this machine will try to grab focus on the railings on the left! I get errors like this anytime somebody moves just a little into the shot as I take it.

It is the worst D800 feature-uncontrollable AF points you can no longer yourself shift groups of around, and a patheically slow click by click , one focus spot after another to move a single spot around. I mean they no longer design them for humans!!

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
MOD TOF guy
MOD TOF guy
MOD TOF guy
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow