Full Frame Offensive

Started Apr 16, 2014 | Discussions thread
Silverback46
Silverback46 Senior Member • Posts: 1,293
Re: OT:

In other words, I feel that my personal choices represent the minority, not the majority. So, when it comes to FF vs smaller formats, I almost always recommend the smaller formats. In my opinion, while the IQ differential between mFT, APS-C, and FF is most certainly there, they are all playing at a level "high enough" that the primary concern for the majority should be operation rather than IQ.

Thanks again GB. This paragraph above represents exactly the situation I am talking about. Weatherproofing is essential because of the work. The vast majority of the users (that I buy for) will never come close to utilizing the potential of the modern cameras so operation becomes paramount. Narrow depth of field is actually a negative for our work. It is good that there are a number of nice camera options out there...my task is to find the best 'fit'. To that extent some of the new point and shoots or superzooms are something I have to consider as well.

Silver

Silverback46's gear list:Silverback46's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Sony a77 II Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX8 Sony a7 III
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
tko
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow