*** This Week Through YOUR m4/3 2014.04.19 ***

Started Apr 19, 2014 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
jalywol
jalywol Veteran Member • Posts: 7,454
A surprise visitor

I was out in the yard today with the dogs, and they suddenly ran to the gate and started barking at something.  I looked down the driveway, and there was this elegant dude, walking around by my car.

I bolted into the house, grabbed the camera and ran out the front door to try and catch a few images.  Of course, the lens that was on the camera was too short, so after a couple of shots, I ran back in, put on the 100-300mm and zipped back out.  My visitor had disappeared into my neighbor's front yard at that point, but I was able to catch up to within about 40 feet of him....but then he skittered away ahead.  I followed him for a few more minutes until he vanished into some brush in another neighbor's yard.

Who knew that pheasants had a hankering to visit suburbia?!

Some more shots from this week....Mt Ida Falls, not far from where I live (you can only see them really well when the trees are bare, so this was an opportune time to visit them.

The marsh shot was taken on a VERY, VERY windy day....that poor redwing was trying to keep from being blown off his cattail perch by using his wings for balance against the gale!

And a few happy dog shots (new tennis ball!).

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
yyr
yyr
NCV
HKA
yyr
HKA
yyr
yyr
yyr
yyr
yyr
NCV
yyr
LWW
LWW
LWW
NCV
yyr
yyr
NCV
NCV
yyr
yyr
yyr
yyr
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow