Pentax K30...to be or not to be?

Started Apr 16, 2014 | Discussions thread
kenwklau
kenwklau Regular Member • Posts: 474
Re: Pentax K30...to be or not to be?

Hi Charis,

Glad that you have made up your mind on a K-30 with the 18-135wr. You won't be disappointed with both.  I have easy access to my workplace's D300s and I can tell you that my K-30 feels better in my hand than the D300s. IQ is also better than D300s.

My brother-in-law bought a Nikon D5200 with a 18-105 on the same day I bought my K-30 for about the same price last year.  Didn't know about that until the get together X'mas time when he had the chance to play with my K-30.  He really liked my K-30's 2 wheel control, better view finder, better built, wr body/lens and its deep grip.  The only drawback he found was K-30's lack of tilt LCD which I agree.

One thing about the 18-135.  It is not a hast lens for its size and range.  You will want one or two fast primes for those purposes.  I got a 50 mm F1.8 and saving for a DA 15 mm.

-- hide signature --

Regards,
Ken

kenwklau's gear list:kenwklau's gear list
Pentax K-30 Pentax K-5 IIs Pentax smc DA 15mm F4 ED AL Limited Pentax smc DA 12-24mm F4.0 ED AL (IF) Pentax smc DA 55-300mm F4.0-5.8 ED +6 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow