Anybody Like Windows 8.1?

Started Apr 7, 2014 | Discussions thread
DUSTY LENS
DUSTY LENS Veteran Member • Posts: 4,308
Re: Anybody Like Windows 8.1?

i AM GOING THROUGH HELL WITH WINDOWS 8 .

I was using Adobe Photoshop CS4 with Windows 7 and 8 then I downlosded 8.1 . and went to create an account on Microsoft Website for getting improved Versions of W-8 , seems like this was easy enough but then I had some popup things on my screen . One trying to sell me cloud storage which I immediately closed , but instantly that triggered another window saying your patent drawings are being uploaded to some cloud storage , ( don't remember any name on the message , I closed that before I could read all of it and things refused to close I closed the browser but I don't think it closed either . I never use cloud storage .

I shut down the windows 8.1 machine by push button , and waited a minute then rebooted it . I was locked out of my own machine . stuck on a page with my email adress and a message " enter your password " .

Well I refused to enter my password , and kept trying every mouse movement I knew about using w-8 . No mouse Movement would wake it up .

I figured I had been hacked and my patent drawings were stolen .

Next morning I took the new machine back to frys and asked them to see what was wrong with it .

The tech plugged it in and told me to enter the password . I told him I did not have a password ( which I did not have ) . I always deliberately refused to start using any password to log in to my computer , I never did it .

He told me the only thing he could do was reset the computer . I said do it .

Did not know for sure that reseting meant wipe the OS , but it did . When it booter after about 25 minutes , it was back to w-8 and no added software .

This time everything works , Turbocad , Epson V330 photo Scanner , Epson Workforce 30 printer , but Photoshop CS4 will not start from a photo selection and there is no shortcut on the machine Desktop for photoshop , it is not even listed where Turbocad and my Epson Scanner and Printer is listed in All Programs .

I put the install CD in the machine and re-installed CS4 about 6 times tonight and nothing changed .

I uninstalled and re-installed several times and nothing changed .Each time I search for the repair option and it isn't there .

I will never know . But it seems likely that my W-8.1 was hacked and a password was placed where there was no password in the log on .

I havent had time to look for any ransome note in my email but I don't have much time after all of the problems I am having with w-8 and w-8.1 .

I am just in another battle with Google Chrome which a was using with w-7 and had no problems . Google wants me to create an account but it won't allow any log in setup I use . I thought I never created any log in with Google . anyway there is no solution for me until I can reach Microsoft for the Photoshop problem , and maybe they will say it's Adobe That is the problem , It Could be but it installed and ran perfectly in W-8 the first time , then again in W8-1 with no problem . Photoshop CS4 was working before the reset , now it won't install correctly and it will not start .

So , I guess I can say I am a jerk for buying a computer with W 8 and actually I don't believe this machine is out there with W-7 on it . What I mean to say is that now we need a log in password for everything we want to run on W-8 , ( chrome , Windows upgrades Who knows what all . W-8 took away my use of Microsoft Home Student Office which I had originally paid for . It is very plain , ( no apologies offered ) that Microsoft will not honor what they sell , and they will not sell a product anylonger , they will only sell a limited time license to use their apps and programs .

This is the main thrust of W-8 + 8.1 etc. Get used to it or look for Google Operating systems , Good Luck .

The W- 8 and the W-8.1 are both fighters They fight everything I try to do . I know I am Paranoid . Seems like someone doesn't want me to use this computer and they are in it and constantly changing things so I cant make them open or start .

I know this just isn't true , but I believe it anyway .

Dusty

DUSTY LENS's gear list:DUSTY LENS's gear list
Sigma 35mm F1.4 DG HSM Art
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
hdr
hdr
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow