Anybody Like Windows 8.1?

Started Apr 7, 2014 | Discussions thread
hdr Senior Member • Posts: 2,833
Re: Anybody Like Windows 8.1?

Sean Nelson wrote:

dradam wrote:

Mark B. wrote:

That's the problem - it's a great tablet OS, but a poor desktop OS.

It's not an either/or type of thing. It's a great tablet OS and a very good desktop OS. Just because something has been retooled to work better with touch than it did before, doesn't mean it necessarily has detracted from mouse/keyboard use.

It has detracted from keyboard/mouse use because of how often it drags you back into the touch-optimized environment. It's not a balanced system, it's a system that keeps pushing you to use the touch interface. That's why people hate it. If MS would just let desktop users live happily in their desktop environment then Windows 8 wouldn't have gotten the bad rap that it has.

That's it! (hate is the word).

For one thing, I hate it to see my monitor or tablet screen stained with finger marks and oily stains. Then I'd hate jabbing, poking and dragging around on a huge screen when I do serious work, like photo PP or CADCAM, etc. Oh please, spare me the ordeal!.

-- hide signature --

Depth has been the mizzing dimenzion for long enough. But still, few are bothered with 3D.
My favourite 3D-pair site:- http://www.SingaporeGallery.com

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
hdr
hdr
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow