Anybody Like Windows 8.1?

Started Apr 7, 2014 | Discussions thread
(unknown member) Contributing Member • Posts: 947
Re: I like it after some customization

Simon Garrett wrote:

Jaberwok wrote:

Prime example of anal retention!

I find people resort to abuse when they've no argument to suport their case.

Harping on about one feature which you can easily ignore by setting a direct boot to the desktop. On and on about one feature...!

Yes, you've got it. That's the feature we were discussing - the Metro interface. Because aside from Metro (including the interface, the apps and the Start Screen), there are few visible changes between Windows 7 and Windows 8. The underlying operating system (so far as I can tell) has some useful improvements over Windows 7; no complaints about that.

Pity it's taken Microsoft 18 months to get back to a desktop/laptop UI almost as good as Windows 7.

For me this is not a question of being "frightened of change". I was an early adopter of W7, and I'm generally an early adopter of innovative products. But not all change is good, and IMHO Metro was largely bad.

-- hide signature --

Simon

Extreme logging is what you need to do to clear your constipation. Take some powder. You remind me why I don't have much time for the English...

-- hide signature --

-Captain! Trolls sighted off the starboard bow!
-Very good, prepare the Fuckwitatron...

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
hdr
hdr
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow