Anybody Like Windows 8.1?

Started Apr 7, 2014 | Discussions thread
(unknown member) Contributing Member • Posts: 947
Re: I like it after some customization

scorrpio wrote:

Jaberwok wrote:e.

Personally, I don't like Metro. Nothing against touch screens, I use smart phones and tablets, but my reasons for not liking Metro:

1. The Metro interface is (IMHO) not good on a mouse/keyboard interface
  2. The Metro presentation of apps makes poor use of large screen space with fine-resolution pointing devices
  3. Having two different UIs for Windows is unnecessary and undesirable

I've used it extensively - I have Windows 8 on one of my two main machines

Prime example of anal retention! Harping on about one feature which you can easily ignore by setting a direct boot to the desktop. On and on about one feature...!

In case you haven't noticed, this entire thread is about "that one feature". Nobody argues that one you bypass that 'feature' (which by the way, offers no obvious way of doing so, especially for non-tech savvy user), the rest of the OS is darn good. Which is a shame, really.

The thread is headed 'does anyone like Win 8'

Not specific to that feature of apps although it seems the naysayers can only raise this one issue.

Perhaps a more balanced critic would pick up on the extreme logging capability of 8. Most of what you do is 'registered' by the big M and it's something that should be addressed.

-- hide signature --

-Captain! Trolls sighted off the starboard bow!
-Very good, prepare the Fuckwitatron...

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
hdr
hdr
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow