Thoughts on the GX7 & E-M10

Started Apr 12, 2014 | Discussions thread
SF Photo Gal
SF Photo Gal Senior Member • Posts: 2,228
Re: Thoughts on the GX7 & E-M10

Each time I've looked at an Olympus products (last one being the EM-5) I was put off by the way it handled and the menu system. Yes I know this is toally subjective, but I want a camera where quickly changing a setting or function is second natures. Which is another reason why I would never own cameras by two different manufactures.

The silent mode was a big feature for me based on the kind of shooting I like to do, which is street shooting, usually at night. I have to admit, I was seriously considering the EM5 because of its IBIS, but once I learned the GX7 had IBIS (from all accounts not as effective), I decided to stay with Panny.

As for color, Panny default settings tend to be a bit cool and flat. I've set my GX7 to Vivid, reduce the saturation and increased the contrast.

SF Photo Gal aka Faggurl

SF Photo Gal's gear list:SF Photo Gal's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G Vario HD 14-140mm F4-5.8 OIS +10 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow