An appeal to Fuji : please fix the video on the X series

Started Apr 12, 2014 | Discussions thread
Red Boar Regular Member • Posts: 103
Re: An appeal to Fuji : please fix the video on the X series

tee1000 wrote:

Red Boar wrote:

DJF77 wrote:

Aethon wrote:

I am staggered by the number of people in this thread who a) imagine that Fujifilm has only one product development elf and if he's busy on video then there can't possibly be anyone available to work on the stills side of things, and b) that video is some dark art that only the broadcasting Illuminati can master.

These views are more than tad silly and in fact, work against the viability of the X-System. As Sal Baker points out above, there are simple things that Fujifilm can do to improve the current video capabilities, without occupying the lone product development elf for more than one lunchtime. And for more advanced video capabilities, the technology and algorithms are common knowledge.

in the medium-term, video is absolutely essential to a viable modern camera system. If that isn't immediately obvious to you then you seriously need to take a walk around outside and meet some humans. Fortunately, we know from interviews with Fujifilm exec's, that they already know that video is very important. There's no need for it to effect improvements in still photography. In fact, as said already, if they don't sort the X-series video out, the cameras will essentially be artificially handicapped in the marketplace.

That sums it up perfectly - I have no idea why anyone owning a Fuji camera would be against improved video capability; it's very short sighted. But hey, some folks don't believe you should make use of those excellent Fuji lenses for video; No, You should go out and buy a dedicated Video camera

Because, as we have stated, we don't care about video capability. Why compromise a great still camera for features that photographers aren't interested in? By definition, a compromise involves a giving, aka lessening, on both sides. I'd rather the R&D be devoted to stills. On the flip side, if I was interested in video, I'd buy a product that didn't compromise its video capability for the sake of its still photography...very easy concept to grasp.

Not really. So you think it doesn't matter, if one would take a dedicated video camera to a trip? Ok, if size and weight doesn't matter why are you interested in Fuji stuff? Buy the biggest full frame slr and be happy. But we care about the compromise between size and quality and features. That's why many of us love the Fuji cameras. For you video is not a relevant feature. For other (who love stills AND video) it is. That's the concept to grasp.

Incorrect assumption...I did not buy my Fuji for size and weight consideration. I bought for a number of reasons, most importantly analog dials because I detest scrolling through endless and confusing menus.  Put it this way...let's say you love a certain vehicle, but they've designed a boat trailer that comes with it.  You don't own a boat, don't want a boat and don't want to tow a boat.  Someone in R&D had to design that boat trailer, beef up the vehicle to tow said trailer/boat and all that cost has to be brought to market. You get to the dealer and say "I don't care about boating"..."too bad, you have to pay for it anyway".  The compromises?  Extra design time that could have been devoted to making your vehicle better for the use you intended, cost, more cost, extra weight, and extra equipment dragging down your otherwise nice vehicle to mention just a very few of the draw backs related to "compromise".

Red Boar's gear list:Red Boar's gear list
Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 56mm F1.2 R
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
rjx
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow