Anybody Like Windows 8.1?

Started Apr 7, 2014 | Discussions thread
bananahead Regular Member • Posts: 438
Re: I like it after some customization

Jaberwok wrote:

Earthlight wrote:

I have set it to boot straight to desktop and I have my essential programs pinned to the taskbar. Works like a dream.

I right click the start button a lot and have set it to go to the app list when I left click it.

Have not seen the metro thingie in ages and not missing it either. The OS is responsive and seems very solid and stable. Nothing bad to say about it now.

-- hide signature --

It works fine. My only gripe is the initial requirement to login with a Microsoft account so presumably they can snoop? This is easily fixed with a local user login instead.

We got 4 new machines with 8.1 for the accounts in the office and loud was the wailing of the ladies who had the new machines. They only accepted the new machines on the promise of a 'return' to their beloved 7. After a month I went up to collect said machines and met a collective refusal to hand them over. It seems they now like them and won't have them 'retro' fitted.

So much Bullsh1t posted on here by idiots who have no knowledge of the system and just re spout the crap they picked up on some teenagers blog. Situation normal for dpr: the loudest noise made by the halfwits who don't have the vaguest clue about what they are posting on..

-- hide signature --

-Captain! Trolls sighted off the starboard bow!
-Very good, prepare the Fuckwitatron...

Some people don't like change. They don't like having to learn a few basic things.

Where has the start button gone? It's there on the keyboard where it has always been.

I have let quite a few people use my 8.1 systems that have never seen it before. Mostly they ask a few questions and then get on with using it without any problems.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
hdr
hdr
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow