What are your experiences with V1 or V2 as a main travel cam?

Started Apr 12, 2014 | Discussions thread
One_Oldman_4U Senior Member • Posts: 1,306
Re: What are your experiences with V1 or V2 as a main travel cam?

Jared Huntr wrote:

For years, I've always taken my dSLRs on vacation. This time, I'm considering taking the V1 on a vacation in the Mediterranean and Western European region. The main incentive is weight reduction. But my main concern is image quality and whether I will regret not having dSLR-quality pics to bring home. I typically shoot ultra-wide and tele so I intend to bring a 6.7-13mm and the 30-110mm (and 18.5 because of it's featherweight). In cases where image quality is critical, I will have my Ricoh GR pocket camera with APS-C sensor but that is only 28mm.

Alternatively, I could take my Canon SL1 body+10-22mm for ultra-wide and the V1+30-110mm for tele in order to eliminate lens swaps on the V1.

So what are your experiences with V1 or V2 as a main travel cam when you had the option of a dSLR? I actually find the deeper depth of field more useful in candid people shots typically taken during vacations.

I love my V1! BEST small and light camera I've owned. I have the 10-100 VR always in the camera, my all-in-one travel camera.

-- hide signature --

Happy Shooting!
---
RiK
---
"It is not the equipment that makes a photograph but the person behind the equipment and it's not how sharp the images are but how they convey the message."
---
LX7, FZ200, Nikon 1 V1 with 10-100VR

One_Oldman_4U's gear list:One_Oldman_4U's gear list
Nikon 1 V1 Nikon 1 Nikkor VR 10-30mm f/3.5-5.6 Nikon 1 Nikkor VR 30-110mm f/3.8-5.6 Nikon 1 Nikkor VR 10-100mm f/4.5-5.6
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
FKS
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow