An appeal to Fuji : please fix the video on the X series

Started Apr 12, 2014 | Discussions thread
Astrophotographer 10 Forum Pro • Posts: 11,242
Re: I agree with you on both accounts. But...

Yes I agree, I doubt poor video is the why. Sony csc have good video and they are in the sales numbers.

There are plenty of "ditched my DSLR for mirrorless" threads on this site. But perhaps the general market still thinks a good camera is only a DSLR and mirrorless are point and shoot. It may be more of a marketing problem. They need to educate the buying public that the csc's are a high quality camera like a DSLR only compact.

I suppose until recently though that was not really true. DSLRs generally outperform CSC.

XT1 and Sony A6000 are probably the first APSc to match many DSLRs and even then perhaps they fall short in some areas but the gap is largely closed.

Nikon and Canon are so well established and have such a huge range of lenses, flashes and accessories it would be hard to break that brand loyalty for many people.

In astrophotography there is strong brand loyalty to Canon for example.

Greg.

Astrophotographer 10's gear list:Astrophotographer 10's gear list
Sony Alpha a7R II Sony Alpha a7R III Sony FE 55mm F1.8 Zeiss Batis 85mm F1.8 Zeiss Loxia 21mm F2.8 +1 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
rjx
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow