An appeal to Fuji : please fix the video on the X series

Started Apr 12, 2014 | Discussions thread
TravelLight Regular Member • Posts: 292
Re: An appeal to Fuji : please fix the video on the X series

I agree with you, Jeff. I think sometimes people can be so passionate about a product (or person, for that matter), that they willfully ignore the glaring flaws. Or they say "If I don't use/need it, I don't care." Fuji has always been a "niche" player (most of my local camera stores don't even carry it because of the tiny market share), so I don't see any downside to improving features to attract a larger market share so Fuji can compete on the larger scale. It's all about the bottom line; if Fuji is not making profit (I am not saying it isn't), they will abandon the product, regardless of the passion some select groups of people feel about it. Some people still say film is much better, but how many people are still using a film camera?

I personally don't care about videos either (my phone will do), but it's an embarrassment that there is no continuous AF in recording mode (Panasonic had that three or more generations ago), which I found out just the other day. Honestly, it's so pathetic I'd rather that Fuji doesn't include video, period. I am serious considering assigning a function to the video button because there is no way I will use it ever.

I love the X-T1, but it's never wrong to request a feature, whether it will be granted or not!

guitarjeff wrote:

PraxisPictures wrote:

I would love to see improved video on the fuji's too.

why did i buy a fuji when video is important to me? because stills are also important to me. at the end of the day, both stills and video are important to me, so my ideal kit would include a dedicated video camera that was capable of shooting stills in a pinch + a dedicated stills camera that was also capable of shooting video in a pinch. not that complicated.

But there were better choices for video that still would have given you fine stills too, so I don't feel you answered the question, really. And the Fuji can do video "in a pinch"

In the end, I see no real disagreement though, since video supporters say updating the video will not be any cost to Fuji and won't delay other updates and such, and that is what we photo only folks care about, so it looks like all is well.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
rjx
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow