Color balance assistance, please

Started Apr 12, 2014 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Mel Snyder
Mel Snyder Veteran Member • Posts: 4,088
Color balance assistance, please

Because of my red-green color blindness, white balance, even with the dropper in Lightroom, can prove challenging. I can't "see" what is obvious to those with normal color sight.

Some months ago when I first got my A7, I went to a local zoo with my Vivitar Series 1 70-210mm f2.8-f4 zoom from the 1980s. The combination of snow and haze and shadow made white balance tough on the scene, and no easier when I got home.

In this set, I would adjust exposure, clarity, contrast and saturation, and use the dropper on the whitest part of the snow which didn't record 100-100-100, and the blackest black I could find. I can't tell whether these are correct or not.

I'd appreciate any guidance as to what you see and whether/where these are "off" - thanks!

Thanks in advance for any critical guidance offered.

Mel Snyder's gear list:Mel Snyder's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony Alpha a7 Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake Leica Summicron-M 50mm f/2 Sony E 55-210mm F4.5-6.3 OSS +12 more
Sony Alpha a7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow