Getting really excited about a77 II

Started Mar 3, 2014 | Discussions thread
RoxanneY Contributing Member • Posts: 646
Re: I really want to upgrade my a550.

Ron Poelman wrote:

RoxanneY wrote:

It's hard to predict what Sony is up to. My friend who works there says that Sony is in a bit of disarray right now. They just had layoffs at the studio, are killing their laptop division, and there are rumors that the TV division is on the chopping block as well. I just hope they keep the A-mount and release a77II soon! The anticipation is killing me. I really want to upgrade my a550.

Roxanne

Then now is the time, with the @77 at $800,
and with a bucketload of improvements over the @550
there will not be a better one.
It they drop A-mount, you will have a fantastic tool for using
Minolta glass for at least 3 years, bargain.

tqlla wrote:

Ron Poelman wrote:

RoxanneY wrote:

It's hard to predict what Sony is up to. My friend who works there says that Sony is in a bit of disarray right now. They just had layoffs at the studio, are killing their laptop division, and there are rumors that the TV division is on the chopping block as well. I just hope they keep the A-mount and release a77II soon! The anticipation is killing me. I really want to upgrade my a550.

Roxanne

Then now is the time, with the @77 at $800,
and with a bucketload of improvements over the @550
there will not be a better one.
It they drop A-mount, you will have a fantastic tool for using
Minolta glass for at least 3 years, bargain.

The A77 is a great camera, esp at $800. But most people dont want to buy bunch of lenses for a camera system that has had its last update.

Thanks Ron and tqlla!

I tried the a77 and did love it, but I needed something that worked better in low light so I got the a99.  I'm hoping the new a77 will be better in low light.  I hope they don't drop the A-mount.  If they do I'll might have to switch to Canon.

Roxanne

-- hide signature --

Don't focus on exceptional photography focus on exceptional subjects to photograph. -Bill

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow