Sigma 50mm f1.4 Art and bokeh (new pics 4/11/2014)

Started Apr 11, 2014 | Discussions thread
(unknown member) Senior Member • Posts: 1,144
Re: Sigma 50mm f1.4 Art and bokeh (new pics 4/11/2014)

benjaminblack wrote:

The big question: is the Sigma 4 times better than the 50 1.8G?? I'd love to see shots sidebyside from each. I'm sure we will soon! Is it twice as good as the 50 1.4G? Nikon makes such good/cheap 50's already, so the Sigma will have to make a strong case.

On the other end, the Sigma has to convince Canon/Nikon shooters to give up on soft creamy bokeh coming from the 58 1.4G and the 50 1.2L. When you're spending $1000 on the Sigma, it migh be worth it to some, to spend a little extra for bokeh. The Sigma is going to make you choose between clinical sharpness and artistic bokeh.

If it does, then I won't be buying.

I don't use 50mm much.  I have the 50mm 1.8G, which is a very nice lens and plenty sharp. I also have a number of sharp zooms that cover this range very well. Therefore, I'm not in the market for another "sharp" lenns.

Hence, unless the 50mm Art series can give the Canon 1.2L and Nikon 58mm G a run for the money in the area of bokeh, the decision is an easy one for me.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
fad
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow