Laura in Pink Polkadot Dress (by Sharise Neil)

Started Apr 10, 2014 | Discussions thread
nandbytes Senior Member • Posts: 5,972
Re: Laura in Pink Polkadot Dress (by Sharise Neil)

enemjii wrote:

nandbytes wrote:

JamieTux wrote:

nandbytes wrote:

Lovely model, showing off a lovely dress. yet again not liking your busy background. sorry had to repeat that as it seems like you are not keen on changing that. If that is the case and you like such backgrounds you should just say so, as people can critique on other parts of the photograph and leave the background alone. Otherwise repeating the same comment over and over again doesn't help you or anyone else

Hi Enemji,
I am guessing that the busy background is because you want to show a bit of location - a simlpe wall or door way would do just as good a job if you ware trying to find ways to deal with that.
Go back to your Mclaren shots and look at the difference Still the main subject and obviously in a location but much less busy backgrounds. Also you shoudl try to avoid a lighter background than the model as that is what your eye will be drawn to.
Keep it up though, you're blog must be very busy!

That mclaren would make for a nice background

It would, wouldn't it? But that is life, or rather the uncertainty of it. I have access to beautiful girls and beautiful cars. Waiting for the day when they all come together

stop waiting and make it happen

well the advice was actually half-serious (tho not my idea, I got from the shopping mall lol). I was dragged into a shopping mall recently and as always I didn't like it But I was walking around and I saw big pictures especially in clothing stores which reminded me of you and your threads. I was reading your posts above and I think you should continue on your current part and go with real life backgrounds than studio. That is one thing I noticed in the shopping mall stores all the pictures were all taken outdoors. of course I was more interested in the girl than the clothes she was selling so what do I know lol.

Just pick your backgrounds more carefully

nandbytes's gear list:nandbytes's gear list
Panasonic LX100 Sony Alpha a7R III Canon EF 100-300mm f/4.5-5.6 USM Sony FE 70-200mm F2.8 GM OSS Sony FE 85mm F1.8 +3 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow