Laura in Pink Polkadot Dress (by Sharise Neil)

Started Apr 10, 2014 | Discussions thread
Steve West Veteran Member • Posts: 5,903
enemiji ...

Don't get me wrong. I like seeing beautiful women and your photos of them are very nice, and I think you could go with the theme of the industrial or messy city backdrops. With some care in composition with respect to the placement and perspective, I think the theme could work!  I'm serious.

I'd work with a faster lens and telephoto to blur more of the background, and then try to make the background work for you rather than against you.

enemjii wrote:

The only thing I can think is that he is trying to capture the juxtaposition of beautiful women against ugly backdrops...

Here are my conflicting goals:

1. The shoots are to sell the lifestyle, positive energy of the ones who adorn these clothes.

2. Looking to include real life locations to not make it detached from reality viz. Studio with a curtain. Too easy.

All the tips you give are well worth it. You may not see much difference because these are pictures from my last shoot.

-- hide signature --
 Steve West's gear list:Steve West's gear list
Sony Alpha a99 Sony a6000 Sony a99 II Sony 24-70mm F2.8 ZA SSM Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* Sony 70-400mm F4-5.6 G SSM +6 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow