Tell me I'm wrong somebody
Have recently bought a 70D mainly because of its new video features. Everything thing works as it should and the video looks good, but I have been comparing it with what I was using previously, my Powershot SX160IS, and am beginning to have doubts about my purchase. Here's why.
1. The SX160 is a P&S so is very light in weight, and when shooting video you can handhold it rock steady. Adding a lens to the 70D means that it is weighty enough to demand a tripod when shooting video, or certainly a monopod, to hold the camera/lens combination steady.
2. The auto focus mechanism in the SX160 is completely silent, as is the zoom. The 70D requires an STM lens to give you noiseless focussing, but this does nothing to dampen zoom noise, all of which is picked up by the camera's built in mike or even an external.
3. Its maximum video resolution is 1280x720. The 70D gives you 1920x1080, but can you really see much difference on a computer or TV screen?
Still shooting, of course, is a different story. There's just no contest there. The 70D is bristling with many first-rate features. But for around the town videoing, the SX160 can be put in your pocket and used handheld, no accessories needed. The 70D would require a tripod or monopod plus an extra lens or two to cart around.
So am I missing something here? Or are we just comparing apples with oranges?
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%
|Flower in flower by atdigit|
from Random Items Challenge 26
|Surface tension by atdigit|
from Right in the middle
|A Normal Dat at Thomas's Clap 2016-9379 by Andrew Maltzoff|
from Show us SCHOOL!