Anybody Like Windows 8.1?

Started Apr 7, 2014 | Discussions thread
dradam Senior Member • Posts: 2,812
Re: Anybody Like Windows 8.1?

Timj351 wrote:

I'm pretty used to Win 8.1 now but it took some time and research to learn things that shouldn't have been necessary. The Metro part of it stays out of the way now and is there if I want to explore it more. I'm yet to open a program that opens in the Metro screen instead of the desktop so I may get a little irritated if that happens. My computer is setup to open in the desktop mode and I have created a shutdown app on the taskbar as well so I never have to even see Metro unless I want to.

If you'd like, there are shutdown options if you right click the Start Button.  Though I'm sure the app works just as well.

I have one question that I hope someone can answer. I've had a Netflix account for a few years now and I have always accessed it from Internet Explorer launched from the desktop. Since I have seen the Netflix app among the Metro tiles I decided today to access the site from there. It launched a screen offering me a trial offer as well as a current member login. So I tried to login and I get a message saying, "This account is not active. Visit Netflix.com to restart your membership." Well of course I am already a member so can anyone explain to me what is happening? It's like it is two completely different Netflix sites or something. Thanks.

I've not experienced that.  My Netflix log on works fine across my various devices, including Win8.1 app.  Maybe you typed your password wrong?

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
hdr
hdr
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow