Anybody Like Windows 8.1?

Started Apr 7, 2014 | Discussions thread
dradam Senior Member • Posts: 2,818
Re: Anybody Like Windows 8.1?

Dr Tone wrote:

I just can't understand how people feel they still need a start menu replacement with 8.1

Configure 8.1 to boot to the desktop. Spend 2 minutes and pin your most used apps to the task bar and then spend another 2 minutes and clean up your modern menu and pin your lesser used apps to the modern menu.

Windows has never been more efficient.

But I guess people just liking wasting time doing multiple mouse clicks traversing multiple child menus in the old start menu.

Baffling!

When I first heard about the Start Menu going away, I was taken aback like everyone else.  It has always been there, that's where the programs are, what am I going to do without it?

But then I actually paid attention to how much I even used the Start Menu anymore in Win 7.  Turns out, other than the search function, it was like once a month, at most.

So now there is the Start Screen.  It has all the programs I need, laid out even more openly and more allows for customization.  It has apps and live tiles that give me quick glance information like widgets, but have more powerful apps backing them up if I want to go deeper.  And, best of all, I can still basically ignore it if I want.

I personally just don't understand all the hate for something that can be so easily changed to how you want it, or simply ignored.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
hdr
hdr
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow