Advantages of Greater Bracketing Range?

Started Apr 6, 2014 | Discussions thread
n057 Veteran Member • Posts: 7,498
Re: Advantages of Greater Bracketing Range?

bravozulu wrote:

Thanks for that. I can see how HDR would be an asset to selling homes. But, in the main, I'm not experienced enough with PP to know if I can agree with the 'phony' appearance of retouch adjustments. HDR being one of the more obvious ones.

My education is limited to 6 months of playing with Aperture and the NIK collection. However I am awaiting release of a new, improved Nikon DX format camera with higher dynamic range. And I have yet to play with the AD Lighting feature on my camera. That bumps up the dynamic range.

Looks like you are all set with your current hardware then

So, what exactly was the purpose of the question which you asked in your original post? Quote:

"I'm sitting on the sidelines with my D7000 watching the speculation about a new DX release from Nikon. The D7000 is sufficient for my needs. But one specification that irks me is the limit of 3 shots for bracketing.

If used for insurance with EC correction, maybe 3 exposures is enough. But what about for HDR images edited with software? I've only done a few, and the results weren't too bad. What do other folks use, and are the pro DX camera's much more able?"

JC
Some cameras, some lenses, some computers

n057's gear list:n057's gear list
Nikon Coolpix 995 Nikon D200 Nikon D500 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G +7 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow