about to make a decision

Started Apr 5, 2014 | Discussions thread
cplunk Senior Member • Posts: 1,818
Re: about to make a decision

windwolf wrote:

Ok last week I asked a lot of quetsions and was given some great answers by this forum so here is the last question before I do it.

As I said I primarily use nikons but fell in love with the Sony NEX-7 for my street and portrait work so here is the last question can I use the a65 for weddings, concerts and portraits Its going to be a second camera but might be used right alongside my others so what do you all think.

Cheers,

G

While the A65 is a great camera, and I wouldn't talk you out of buying one, I'm not sure your logic that I assume based on these comments really fits.

The A65 and Nex7 share very little. Nex E mount lenses won't fit the A65, the A mount lenses for the A65 will require an adapter to use on the Nex7.

I think they do use the same Minolta hot shoe, so the same flashes should fit. But Sony's pretty much deprecated that shoe in favor of there new one, any flashes that fit native will be legacy equipment soon (if not already). Any "standard" equipment you might have already will need an adapter, same on the A65 and Nex7.

The batteries are different.

I've never used a Nex7, but on the Nex6 I have and all the different 3's and 5's I played with at the store, the controls and menu are as radically different from the SLTs and probably only slightly more similar to those as they are Nikons.

If you like the EVF and want to switch to Sony for that, more power to you, it cemented my usage of Sony's SLTs. But if you think there's an advantage to having two different systems from Sony instead of one Sony and one Nikon, you may be disappointed.

cplunk's gear list:cplunk's gear list
Sony RX100 Sony Alpha DSLR-A900 Sony Alpha DSLR-A330 Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony Alpha a99 +22 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow