K-3 drops to US $977 at Amazon.com

Started Apr 2, 2014 | Discussions thread
newmikey Veteran Member • Posts: 4,813
Your remark is dead-on

Marty4650 wrote:

But the "ultimate best buy" might be the Pentax K5 IIs, which Amazon is now selling for $689.

It absolutely and most definitely IS exactly that. The K-5 IIs doesn't leave a lot on the table when compared to the K-3 and besides the latter being a very desirable camera, having the power of the IIs at that price is literally unbelievable.

Dollar for dollar (or Euro for Euro in my case), the K-5 IIs packs a mightier punch than the K-3 and unless the K-3 has a feature you really cannot live without, it may just be the smarter choice.

I have never regretted my "late-adopter" approach which allowed me to always buy bodies that were several step more capable than I was a s a photographer but I never broke my piggie to do so.

I upgraded from the K100D-Super to the K20D a few months after the K-7 was released, then to the K-5 after the K-5 II and IIs were released and last November I got the IIs after the K-3 was released. None of my bodies cost me more(brandnew) than €700 while all of them had an initial release price of between €1100 and €1200!

The money saved went into a DA*50-135mm and some other bits and pieces and the "leftovers" are now awaiting release of the Sigma 18-35mm/f1.8 - you cannot beat that approach from a value-for-money perspective!

I may have grown as a photographer but my K-5 IIs still leaves me lots of headroom to grow into.

-- hide signature --
 newmikey's gear list:newmikey's gear list
Ricoh GR Pentax K-70 Pentax smc DA* 50-135mm F2.8 ED (IF) SDM Sigma 8-16mm F4.5-5.6 DC HSM Sigma 85mm F1.4 EX DG HSM +3 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow