Is the A58 now the entry level SLT?

Started Apr 2, 2014 | Discussions thread
K E Hoffman
K E Hoffman Veteran Member • Posts: 5,103
Re: Is the A58 now the entry level SLT?

Tonkotsu Ramen wrote:

Once sony shows us that they are truely dedicated to A Mount, by actually releasing bodies, then I'll buy back into it. Until then, my hobby got a little less exciting.

Right.. I am not putting Money down on that at all.  This forum has posts talking about the end of a-mount EVERY year. from before Sony purchased on going.

The next time they release 3 e-mounts in a row after a 6 month gap.. those with insecurities now will have them again.

A77 at 2 years from announce the discounts started because its due an update this year.

A99 just finally started real discounts.. It will be two years in Fall AND we know Sony has some really nice 36 MP tech that needs an a-mount body

A58 just started discounts after a year expect a new refresh in the next 2-3 months.

Its not when did they last release a camera.. Its what is current and the ENTIRE line is still current from A99-A58 for the level of camera it is.    Last year the cycles fell so one was released to keep the line current

This year the cycles call I expect 3+ releases.

But the next time they do one in a year while the advanced are still current.. the whines will start that I will put money on that. there is 8 years of solid history on that.

-- hide signature --

K.E.H. >> Shooting between raindrops in WA<<
Don't Panic!.. these are just opinions... go take some pictures..

K E Hoffman's gear list:K E Hoffman's gear list
Canon EOS 450D Nikon 1 J1 Sony a6500 Sony E 18-200mm F3.5-6.3 OSS Sony E 50mm F1.8 OSS +3 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow