Enabling SCP in XZ-10?

Started Mar 29, 2014 | Discussions thread
OP Darlene Goff Veteran Member • Posts: 3,596
Re: Enabling SCP in XZ-10?

Sorry, Grey.  This post should have been deleted if I could have figured out how.  I did later discover that you could simply scroll through most functions with the Fn button and you could also remove what you didn't want to be among the choices by unticking them in the Fn menu.  When I found I could not delete the post, I put in a different post, that I had figured out the camera.  Also, those balloon icons that told you what each setting did in the menus and greatly thankfully disappeared. 
My frustration was compounded in that I downloaded a manual from the Olympus site that was for the XZ-10 and XZ-20, and were different cameras.  So I put in my CD and downloaded from there and got my camera's manual.  I have no idea what the XZ-20 is, but the illustrations they were giving were a completely different camera even the ones related to the XZ-10.

I am new to Olympus and everything I had read prior told me that finding the SCP would give me a quick and easy way to change settings so I was at first frustrated that the SCP had been left off this camera.  But the Fn button and all its choices makes up for it.

Darlene Goff's gear list:Darlene Goff's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P5000 Nikon Coolpix 8800 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ35 Nikon Coolpix P7100 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 +7 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow