40 years of technology

Started Mar 8, 2014 | Discussions thread
Glen Barrington
Glen Barrington Forum Pro • Posts: 19,850
What is remakrable . . .

What is remarkable is how Olympus has configured their "pentaprism" housing almost exactly like the Chinon. Even the top panel controls bear a positional, if not functional, equivalence to the Chinon.

But this really highlights, I think just how DSLR like the OMD experience is, overall. I consider myself a DSLR holdout, and I feel the transition to my new E-M10 to be completely painless. Even the EVF seems quite acceptable as a replacement for the OVF.

I am even able to (FINALLY!) use manual focus with my OLYMPUS DSLR lenses in a fast and accurate manner. All the concern over auto-focus speed with the DSLR Zuiko lenses is misplaced, I think. Manual focus is such an easy, fast, joyful, and accurate experience, that I don't really care all THAT much if the auto-focus strains a bit with these lenses. That being said, I still expect Olympus to continue working on bringing the DSLR lens compatibility of the M1 to the other OMD cameras!

-- hide signature --
 Glen Barrington's gear list:Glen Barrington's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M10 Olympus OM-D E-M10 II Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4.0-5.6 Olympus Zuiko Digital 14-54mm 1:2.8-3.5 +12 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
NCV
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow