Beautiful Lake Atitlan, Guatemala

Started Mar 30, 2014 | Discussions thread
David28 Veteran Member • Posts: 3,104
Re: Beautiful Lake Atitlan, Guatemala

philmar wrote:

The caldera created by a massive volcanic explosion, one of the strongest explosions in earth's history, formed the basin for what is today arguably the most picturesquw lake in the world: Lake Atitlán in Guatemala. Lake Atitlan is famous for its natural beauty and colorful Mayan villages.

Most enjoyable set Phil.

Do you have a portrait orientation of the image above to share? I find the cropped shadow of the rower unfortunate. Further the sides add nothing material to my enjoyment. Clearly, the focus is the silhouette of man, boat and big tree, exquisitely framed against a layered background water, terrain and sky.

A nicely balanced composition given some tension with the introduction of the canoeist. The layering of tones in the water from foreground to background is sublime. I am trying to decide whether there is another image within this one if you lose the mountains completely within a 1x1 format.

The women are beautifully framed against the three layers of tone. I would venture to suggest you lose the right hand distraction of the stairs and perhaps give a little more room above and below the women.

I had a look at your site - some outstanding image making Phil. 10/10.

David
Melbourne

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow