Flaajokull Iceland glacier taken with DP1 Merrill.

Started Mar 26, 2014 | Discussions thread
whisky Senior Member • Posts: 1,786
Re: Flaajokull Iceland glacier taken with DP1 Merrill.

L Tippett wrote:

whisky wrote:

Hi Lea,

Nice picture, I can appreciate how you are enthralled by the 'Blue Ice' of the glacier, it is amazing.

I don't know if you have ever been inside such ice but, in reality, it is clearer than crystal.

Sounds like you had an interesting trip to Iceland.

Cheers.

Hi Stuart,

Hope you are well up there in Scotland.

Yes thank you it was fantastic and i must say that i would really like to go back again someday as i really only scratched the surface regarding Landscapes to photograph as you can imagine.

I had good company and we all got on really well and i think that really made the trip.

We wanted to see inside an ice cave but really needed a guide to take us and show us around as a lot of locals told us to be very careful if we wanted to visit a cave on our own without a guide.

As it turned out we didn't get to photograph a cave this time around but maybe next time!

On a couple of occasions we were walking on top of glaciers and it looked like you could see through them although the ice was extremely thick.

I have so many images from my week i'm not quite sure what to post and also i really don't want to keep posting similar shots all of the time as i think it gets a bit too much for everyone (including me!)

I will post some more from Iceland soon but maybe something different instead of the same type of image.

Hope you like them so far Stuart.

Kind regards Lea.

Thanks Lea,

Sounds like you had a really good 'expedition' and excellent  company, you just can't beat that.

Always enjoy your pictures, you put a lot of effort into them and it pays off.

Hope everyone down your way is getting back to normal after all the turmoil with the bad weather.

Regards & Cheers.

whisky's gear list:whisky's gear list
Sigma SD15 Fujifilm FinePix 6900 Zoom Olympus OM-D E-M5 Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 EX DC HSM Sigma 70-300mm F4-5.6 APO DG Macro +5 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow