what to replace my old rig with...

Started Mar 26, 2014 | Discussions thread
T O Shooter Veteran Member • Posts: 7,847
Re: You're welcome

psideburns wrote:

Here we have it, best deals I have seen... I can get a d700 body for $1000 or a d3 for $1400. The difference will be eaten up by the grip and batteries. All things equal I need last minute advice on the choice, from users of both. Keep in mind I only have sb-800 flashes. Last time, let it fly...and thanks to all who gaven their time and input...

I would take the D3 at $1400 if you can manage the price.  With all things being equal - shutter count, condition, and so on. I'm not sure how'd you check but the D3 didn't have the buffer of the D3s, but they did have a buffer upgrade for it. If you could find out if the body you're looking at has that upgrade, or could find one with it, then that would be the one to buy.  And you're used to the built in grip, so unless at this point in time, you'd like to have the grip or no grip option, then buy the D3. If you need the $400 spread, buy the 700, I'll send you the grip and buy a good set of rechargrable AAs for now. I've been told the AAs do not provide top frame rate as they wear down, but I've ran into a few pros who use the AA option.

-- hide signature --

Photography - It's a passion No other reason required.

T O Shooter's gear list:T O Shooter's gear list
Canon PowerShot G5 Nikon D4S Nikon D500 Nikon D850 +5 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow