OMD EM1 or Fuji XT1.. getting around noise issue on m 4/3 ?

Started Mar 26, 2014 | Discussions thread
rmxa Junior Member • Posts: 44
Re: OMD EM1 or Fuji XT1.. getting around noise issue on m 4/3 ?

I'm use an E-PM2 but have been considering getting an XE-1 as they're relatively cheap now.

I've been reading the Fuji X forum here and it's generally held that Photo Ninja is the best X-Trans decoder to date. I downloaded the demo and grabbed the ISO 3200 DPR test scenes for the XE-2 and E-M5.

Here's a comparison in Photo Ninja:

On the left is an XE-2 JPEG from LR5 with Sharpening and NR (Luminance and Colour) = 0.

In the middle is the XE-2 RAW and on the right is the E-M5's. Only the Colour Correction and Exposure and Detail tick boxes are selected in PN for both. The XE-2 shutter speed is 1/800, the E-M5's is 1/2000.

I selected the E-M5 since it would be closer to my current E-PM2. I selected the XE-2 in the hope that it would approximate the XE-1 with Fuji's latest firmware updates.

I'm not going to comment on the comparison but anyone contemplating between the XT-1 and E-M1 in terms of IQ would probably do well to compare RAWs themselves.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
GBC
SGA
GBC
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow