Fuji ISO Cheat?

Started Mar 27, 2014 | Discussions thread
MikeNannie
OP MikeNannie Regular Member • Posts: 447
Re: Fuji ISO Cheat?

Well, I can see this post touched a nerve.

Thanks to all for the informative discussion. High ISO performance is one consideration for me. I'm torn between buying the X-T1, the Sony a99 on sale, the rumored new Sony a77ii if it ever arrives, and maybe the Nikon 610. I'd put any camera without an EVF in a far less likely category becuase that is something I'm interested in for my next camera. Staying with Sony APSc will be less expensive, going to the a99 adds weight and the cost of more expensive full frame lenses. And, I've been less than impressed with Sony's service and lack of firmware updates.

It's going to be a tough decision but one that I want to make in the nex 60 days.

I'm mainly a landscape shooter, but also do all types of family shots, indoors and out, as well as almost every other type of photography on occasion.

Here is a list I made in my process of considering the X-t1. These are not in any particular order.

X-T1 Pros

High ISO noise

Colors and image quality

Great lenses

Small form factor, lighter weight

Weather sealed - resistant

Retro design (dials, aperture ring on lens)

iOS application for remote control, image xfer and review

Frequent firmware updates from Fuji

Large EVF with nice focus assistance

Cons

Lacks Lightroom support - expected soon, but not 100% confirmation

Flash system is basic

No long telephoto lens until next year

Retro design could be a con instead of a pro - button placement

Bracket exposure limited to 3 images

Video not great

Tracking autofocus must test it to know

Only 16 mb same as current camera

Not supported by 3rd party lens manufacturers

No RRS plate for this particular camera

(perhaps this should be another thread, might have high jacked my own thread ;))

MikeNannie's gear list:MikeNannie's gear list
Sony a77 II Sony DT 16-80mm F3.5-4.5 ZA Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* Sony DT 35mm F1.8 SAM Tamron SP 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di USD Sony DT 16-50mm F2.8 SSM
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
IKB
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow