Started Mar 28, 2014 | Photos thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
alextardif
alextardif Senior Member • Posts: 1,082
Newborn w/ A99, 24-70CZ, PC Buff Einstein/Softbox, Imagenomic Portraiture

My 10 day old son

Figured I'd share a couple of shots of my boy I took a couple of days ago.  It was harder than expected trying to get a good angle of him and get the lights right (still learning studio strobes) to create that soft look I see in all newborn pro photography.  In any case, the setup was simple with large soft box above and a medium below for fill. I really wish A99 would sync up to 1/250, as advertised, but it can only do it at 1/160 or slower before the curtain shows up in the frame, bummer.

Basic retouching was in LR 5.3, followed by PS CC where I got rid of red spots in his newborn skin and then evened it out in Imagenomic Portraiture on default setting and then layered at 60% Opacity.  Portraiture is pretty cool, my first time using it so I've probably overdone it a bit, I'll be exploring this plugin a lot more in the near future.

The color temp seems warmer in the top image due to him getting moved around quite a bit and I had the room temp way too high, he cooled off later and weren't so red!

Gotta give it to the newborn pro photogs, this was no easy task!

-- hide signature --

Alex

alextardif's gear list:alextardif's gear list
Sony FE 35mm F1.4 Sony RX100 IV Sony Alpha 7R II Sony Alpha 7S II Sony FE 70-200 F4 +8 more
Comment & critique:
Please provide me constructive critique and criticism.
Sony Alpha a99
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow