Olympus XZ-2 problem

Started Mar 28, 2014 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
sait Forum Member • Posts: 98
Olympus XZ-2 problem

I've purchased some time ago a new XZ-2. At random times it was taking 2 shots in single shot mode.  After using it for close to a year I had enough, so I sent it for repair under guarantee.  After 2 tries, including "changing the top control assembly", the fault was still there, so they supplied me with a new, replacement XZ-2 free of charge.

Unfortunately the new camera has the same problem.  In fact, in one instance it took 3 shots for one shutter actuation.

I have tried all sorts of combinations regarding camera modes, plus different batteries, different memory cards, etc.  I can't find any specific situation/mutation.  The camera takes two successive shots when it feel like it.  Although this is not life threatening, it becomes rather irritating after a while.

I thought, it was a bit strange that 2 cameras that I've got should have this problem, when I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere else on the net.

So if you had this problem with your Oly XZ-2 or any other digital camera, and/or found a remedy, I would like to hear from you.

I would appreciate if only people who have experienced the problem themselves or know of someone who has, reply.

Thanks.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow