BBC - A look at the great photographers' developer trays
http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-26676136 Very interesting video.
27 March 2014 Last updated at 01:23 GMT
When John Cyr set out to photograph the tools of the darkroom he discovered in himself something unexpected - a passion to capture the chemical fingerprints of some of the world's greatest photographers.
His book Developer Trays documents dozens of simple trays textured by each user's unique chemical process. Discoloured, scratched or pristine, each tray is an artefact of an artist at work.
Photographed with a museum catalogue level of precision and beauty, every image reflects Cyr's deep respect for the darkroom process - a process rapidly disappearing with the advance of digital photography and ink jet printing.
Shoshin ni modoru - go back and remember the feeling of being a beginner
|Post (hide subjects)||Posted by||When|
|Mar 27, 2014||1|
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%