OMD EM1 or Fuji XT1.. getting around noise issue on m 4/3 ?

Started Mar 26, 2014 | Discussions thread
mjh04
mjh04 Regular Member • Posts: 299
Re: OMD EM1 or Fuji XT1.. getting around noise issue on m 4/3 ?

Aethon wrote:

Daniel Lauring wrote: Between the two the OMD is just a little more mature on a more mature platform. It's focus performance and features (like touch screen) are better. There are more lens choices. The difference in image quality is pretty small with APSC being a little smoother at high ISO's.

Having said that, I find my Fujis get more use. But when speed and focus accuracy are required I switch to the OMD.

This.

It's exactly how I feel. For me there's a clear difference in image quality (in favor of Fuji) but if i really need super-responsiveness Olympus is better.

The thing is, I've come to realize that I rarely need super-responsiveness so, as Daniel says, my Fuji gets more use.

Once you have balanced those factors then you need to consider lenses. m43 has more choices (and one or two lenses that are truly great) but for me Fuji offers better price/performance for the good stuff.

I don't have a side to take in this discussion. I too have both of these cameras and like them both for different reasons, but have to agree with these comments. In addition, though this is a very personal preference, I prefer a 3x2 format of the Fuji as it seems fit the ratio of most of my enlargements. By the time I crop most of my enlargements from the E-M1 to a 3x2 format I would guess I have degraded the image quality by 25%.  Right now I would say that I am using the Fuji 75% of the time for what I do.

-- hide signature --

Mike Hedge
www.thehedgepost.com

mjh04's gear list:mjh04's gear list
Fujifilm X100T Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm X-T1 Nikon D810 Fujifilm X-Pro2 +13 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
GBC
SGA
GBC
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow