Are you undecided on the 27mm?

Started Mar 27, 2014 | Discussions thread
britcam
britcam Senior Member • Posts: 2,462
Re: Are you undecided on the 27mm?

Londongal wrote:

britcam wrote:

I've only had mine a short while, but as a pancake on my X-E1 I really can't fault it ..

Thanks for the info! That's exactly what I have been thinking of the lens for... a pocket (in my case, purse ) X-E1/27mm combo. Thanks for your images; the one's I've included in this reply are very interesting, as they show how the lens holds up in a practical "close" shooting situation.

Cheers!

Edit: and I have to add, those colours are great!

Hi

I recall a post some weeks ago that talked about the X Series as the "Transformer" system ...

That's what I am coming to appreciate after adding a few lenses recently to my X-E2. Previously, I have used the small Ricohs (GRD3, GX200) and a Pentax MX-1, plus K-01 & K5IIs, for urban / street use...   Now it seems I can pretty well jettison this lot, and continue to build the X series system, updating bodies over the years to come.

But for now, I'm putting my cash into the lenses.  So far, three (the 27, 14 and 60 have all been found as mint used examples)  The 27 is a bit special, since it produces a lovely light little combo, so I may well keep it attached to the (used) X-E1 that I just added to the stable ...!

-- hide signature --

Kind regards
Rich S (britcam)

britcam's gear list:britcam's gear list
Fujifilm X-E2 Ricoh GR Digital IV Fujifilm X-M1 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro +6 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow