OMD EM1 or Fuji XT1.. getting around noise issue on m 4/3 ?

Started Mar 26, 2014 | Discussions thread
digifan Senior Member • Posts: 2,301
Re: Usability OMD EM1 else Fuji XT1...

If you value usability and handling speed then definately E-M1.
Fuji's "retro" /analog controls will slow you down.

I have used the X-T1, actually rented it for a few weeks to see if it would suit me, but I can't get past a few irritating niggles like the damn ISO dial that needs three fingers to be turned the shutterspeed dial that is locked as well and also needs three fingers to be turned and the accidental changing of metering mode that happens in the proces. Also the case with the drive mode lever. If you than need to adjust aperture than it's yet another movement of the hand in a different position. The handling is darned slow. The problem is also that most of the time you can't change the settings without taking the camera away from your eye.

IMO Pressing a button (ISO) and turning a wheel is much easier when you don't want to take the camera from your eye, so for me my E-M1/-5 win.

The files from the X-T1 are great but the difference between the Fuji's output and that of the E-M5 and E-M1 is negligible in real life.

The best camera usability wise is the E-M1.

-- hide signature --

Digifan

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
GBC
SGA
GBC
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow