OMD EM1 or Fuji XT1.. getting around noise issue on m 4/3 ?

Started Mar 26, 2014 | Discussions thread
D200_4me Veteran Member • Posts: 3,967
I own both and will keep both, but...

For your question, if you really like the E-M1 and the noise levels at higher ISO is your only meaningful concern, I'd say buy the E-M1.   I love the image quality of the X-T1, but there are things about the E-M1 I like better.   For example, the general handling, speed and feel of the body.

If you want some real world samples, I have some E-M1 photos HERE

and I have a new gallery (growing) of X-T1 photos HERE

Don't let the noise issue scare you.  It's certainly better with the X-T1, but viewing the photos normally, it's unlikely that anyone would ever know the difference.   And yes, of course depth of field is different.  Whatever your preference is.

By the way, as long as you're not shooting fast moving subjects, you can take advantage of the great in-body IS and keep your ISO low on the E-M1 by using a slower shutter speed.   I can shoot very easily at 1/15th sec at any focal length on my 12-40mm and get sharp images all day long.  That's a comfortable shutter speed for me when shooting indoors in a dark museum for example.

-- hide signature --
 D200_4me's gear list:D200_4me's gear list
Nikon Df Panasonic GH5 Tamron AF 28-75mm F/2.8 XR Di LD Aspherical (IF) Tamron AF 28-300mm F/3.5-6.3 XR Di VC LD Aspherical (IF) Macro Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-120mm f/4G ED VR +5 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
GBC
SGA
GBC
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow