OMD EM1 or Fuji XT1.. getting around noise issue on m 4/3 ?

Started Mar 26, 2014 | Discussions thread
jim stirling
jim stirling Veteran Member • Posts: 7,356
Re: OMD EM1 or Fuji XT1.. getting around noise issue on m 4/3 ?

Gregm61 wrote:

Steve wrote:

i'm trolling around trying to decide between the 2 subject cameras. i want smaller and lighter (no tri-poding than my ex d7000.. (although xt1 takes APC sized lenses, so i'm not sure the xt1 will give me much of a size advance with an APC lens)..

The EM-1 is noisier than the Fuji.. but i'm wondering if the EM1 with its great stabilization would allow me to shoot at lower ISOs than the Fuji.. and therefore help to minimize noise..

i guess this is a tough question as probably very few if any people have tested this out.

These cameras are as noisey or noiseless as the users ability to process the files in the software of their choice, assuming competent use of that software. Bigger sensor should equal some amount of cleaner results, especially with JPEG's, but a lot of the noise "issue" is completely controllable by the user, regardless of the camera you are using.

How do you achieve  the wondrous feat of reducing noise while enhancing detail :-).NR is always at the cost of detail , so larger formats with both more detailed and less noisy high ISO image quality cannot be matched. You can also do anything to the larger format that you can to the smaller thus maintaining the advantage

jim stirling's gear list:jim stirling's gear list
Panasonic FZ1000 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 Nikon D810 +12 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
GBC
SGA
GBC
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow