OMD EM1 or Fuji XT1.. getting around noise issue on m 4/3 ?

Started Mar 26, 2014 | Discussions thread
Gregm61 Forum Pro • Posts: 14,920
Re: OMD EM1 or Fuji XT1.. getting around noise issue on m 4/3 ?

Steve wrote:

i'm trolling around trying to decide between the 2 subject cameras. i want smaller and lighter  (no tri-poding  than my ex d7000.. (although xt1 takes APC sized lenses, so i'm not sure the xt1 will give me much of a size advance with an APC lens)..

The EM-1 is noisier than the Fuji.. but i'm wondering if the EM1 with its great stabilization would allow me to shoot at lower ISOs than the Fuji.. and therefore  help to minimize noise..

i guess this is a tough question as probably very few if any people have tested this out.

These cameras are as noisey or noiseless as the users ability to process the files in the software of their choice, assuming competent use of that software. Bigger sensor should equal some amount of cleaner results, especially with JPEG's, but a lot of the noise "issue" is completely controllable by the user, regardless of the camera you are using.

I would be willing to bet in more cases than not the bigger difference comparing two cameras is the user. Ming Thein with a GM1 could produce images some could never realize with a Nikon D4.

-- hide signature --

"There's shadows in life, baby.." Jack Horner- Boogie Nights

Gregm61's gear list:Gregm61's gear list
Leica M9 Olympus E-M1 Leica M (Typ 262) Olympus E-M1 II Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50mm 1:2.0 Macro +27 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
GBC
SGA
GBC
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow