OMD EM1 or Fuji XT1.. getting around noise issue on m 4/3 ?

Started Mar 26, 2014 | Discussions thread
jim stirling
jim stirling Veteran Member • Posts: 7,356
Re: OMD EM1 or Fuji XT1.. getting around noise issue on m 4/3 ?

DonTom wrote:

jim stirling wrote:

GBC wrote:

I can get steady shots with a normal focal length in excess of 1 second on the em1 and em5.
Doubtful you could do that with the fuji.

Other than very static subjects in very low light with no form of camera support { tripod,gorrilapod,beanbag , ultrapod whatever} just how useful a feature is that ?

If it allows you to choose a lower ISO to avoid noise issues, it's a very useful feature. I use it all the time.

You may use it all the time but it only benefits you if you are shooting a static subject in very low light at a very slow shutter speed and using primes as Fuji has  zoom lenses starting at 15mm { FF equiv AOV } . So once again IS { of any kind }  is very useful in certain niche situations no doubt . Though I would certainly question just how significant a part of most peoples photography this actually covers. If you can get to the focal reciprocal shutter speed IS does nothing, if you are shooting moving subjects it does nothing, if you are shooting zooms all the systems have a wide focal range covered .

jim stirling's gear list:jim stirling's gear list
Panasonic FZ1000 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 Nikon D810 +12 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
GBC
SGA
GBC
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow