D7100 + Long exposure times: AF works?
Thought that low light, either natural or induced by a strong ND filter, wouldn't give the AF enough light to get a lock. Pictures taken this past Sunday suggest otherwise.
f8 using a 1.8 ND filter, ISO 100, tripod, shutter delay, with both the Nikon 17-55 f2.8 & 70-200 f4 lenses. Was using the LiveView AF, and it was getting a focus lock.
Was this a fluke? Or is the LiveView AF that good?
- Fujifilm X-T223.6%
- Nikon D50025.4%
- Nikon AF-S 105mm F1.4E8.2%
- Olympus M.Zuiko 12-100mm F47.5%
- Panasonic Lumix DMC-G857.2%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art6.7%
- Sigma 50-100mm F1.8 Art5.1%
- Sony a63006.4%
- Sony Cyber-shot RX10 III3.7%
- Sony Cyber-shot RX100 V6.3%
|Lighthouse, Bottom of the World by CelticOdyssey|
from An A to Z of Subjects- Week 12, L
|Dundrum by Rik Powdrill|